As many of you know, we had our first table at the LUXE Wedding Show this past Sunday! We've been planning for this show for weeks. So much planning goes into having a table for your first time, that I thought it would be great to share a few tips to those who are considering getting a table too.
But first, here's a pic of our finished table :) Be sure to follow our Instagram account for more pics!
Things to consider on the business side:
- Business cards: Make sure you have enough business cards on hand. Find out how many people usually attend the show and bring more just in case. Add your social media handles if they're important for your business.
- Here's mine as an example (a great image of our some of our cake stands is on the back to help people remember what we offer, visuals are always good)
- Postcards/any marketing materials/Signage: Be sure to give yourself at least 3-4 weeks to design the material. You'll probably go through a few versions and if you receive great feedback like we did, then you'll want time to make edits. It will take at least 2 weeks for it to be printed and shipped to you (without any rush fees.) Add your social media handles for easy access. Our finished postcard is below!
- Banner: We forgot to do this, but I recommend you have a banner or a roll up backdrop made for branding purposes. These wedding shows can get crowded, so it's great if attendees can see what you offer from behind 4 rows of people and as they approach.
- Show up early: Get to the show early for set up, so that if anything is missing or goes wrong, you have time to fix it. I'm glad we showed up early because the loading dock was crowded and we didn't have to worry with the extra time. Also, make sure you eat and take at least 5 minutes to yourself before the show starts. You're going to need the energy :D
We hope you found this helpful! We're a new business, so I'm hoping to share some small business learnings on the way in addition to dessert stand inspirations, etc! Please let us know if you have any great tips you'd like to share below. My next blog post will be on the top things to consider when creating a dessert table - stay tuned! Also, please let us know if there's anything you'd like to see us blog on next.